Read More +
The Alberta Paramedic Association will advance paramedic practice through research, education and accreditation.
Read More +
The Alberta HELP Fund is a pre-organized approach to manage funds which are geared towards giving Paramedics and their families financial assistance under extraordinary circumstances. A percentage of all membership fees are channeled directly to the fund, or donations can be made directly.
Read More +
We are always actively recruiting qualified and passionate people who want to effect positive change within the province. Our volunteer opportunities include public relations, research, education, health and wellness, Help Fund committee and many more!
Welcome to the Alberta Paramedic Association
We are a non-profit organization built by paramedics, for paramedics. Our goal is to create a unified voice for practitioners in Alberta and resonate that voice across the country. We believe in operating an association that works to collaborate the resources of practitioners and stakeholders across Alberta to attain goals that were otherwise out of reach.
The Alberta Paramedic Association is built by practitioner membership and volunteers. We need your help to grow and effect change. We are comprised of a volunteer working base including our board of directors, managers, and committees.
Please see the “join us” page for more information.
What We Do
- Lobbying for Legislative change
- Working with Allied Health Organizations
- Canadian Paramedicine Subscription
- ACP approved continuing education credits
- Continuing education seminars
- Develop mental health resources for paramedics.
- Create a registry of psychologists certified for the treatment of PTSD in EMS.
- Generate public and profession awareness of mental health issues.
- Raise money for Paramedics and their families in extraordinary or tragic circumstances.
- Provide support to other charities and causes involving Paramedics.
- Supporting research
- Fostering evidence based practice
- Media representation
- Bolstering the professions profile
- Educating the public on the paramedic profession
Who We Represent
Every practitioner in Alberta, ranging from EMR, EMT, Paramedic in all sectors of Paramedicine and industry.
Including but not limited to: